Some readers would probably come up with less polite versions of the question above, but regardless of how one states it, policy in the Eurozone is very much driven by both the needs and the wants of German banks. This Real News Networks segment skips over the needs, the continuing concerns about their capital levels, to focus on how German bankers and policymakers have come to believe that austerity is a good solution for the fix they are in.
- DC Meetup on March 18? - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- Links 3/8/14 - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- Bill Moyers and Ian Haney Lopez Discuss the Use of the Race Card in Politics - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- Matt Stoller: Big Oil Hooked Americans on Credit Cards - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- When “Job Creators” Create Lousy Jobs - 03/07/2014 - Yves Smith