Some readers would probably come up with less polite versions of the question above, but regardless of how one states it, policy in the Eurozone is very much driven by both the needs and the wants of German banks. This Real News Networks segment skips over the needs, the continuing concerns about their capital levels, to focus on how German bankers and policymakers have come to believe that austerity is a good solution for the fix they are in.
- Links 4/17/14 - 04/17/2014 - Lambert Strether
- General Mills Opens New Frontier in Denying Consumers Right to Sue: Just Use Its Products - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- Quelle Surprise! Ginnie Mae Says Bank of America Has Lots of Servicing Documents Missing; MERS Also in Hot Water - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- When Will Big Business Figure Out That the Education-Industrial Complex is Eating its Lunch? - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- How the Junk Food Industry Preys on the Young in Emerging Markets - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith