Some readers would probably come up with less polite versions of the question above, but regardless of how one states it, policy in the Eurozone is very much driven by both the needs and the wants of German banks. This Real News Networks segment skips over the needs, the continuing concerns about their capital levels, to focus on how German bankers and policymakers have come to believe that austerity is a good solution for the fix they are in.
- Steve Keen: Oh My, Paul Krugman Edition - 12/18/2013 - Yves Smith
- Links 12/18/13 - 12/18/2013 - Yves Smith
- JP Morgan, Not Satisfied with Profitable WaMu Acquisition, Sues FDIC to Extract More - 12/18/2013 - Yves Smith
- Slate Tries Presenting Amazon’s Abusive Warehouse Jobs as Great Opportunities - 12/18/2013 - Yves Smith
- We Are Seven Years Old - 12/18/2013 - Yves Smith