This Real News Network story describes how the EPA is under attack from a very specific group of right wing interests are suing to try to prevent the EPA from acting to implement anti-carbon measures as stipulated in a Supreme Court decision. The intriguing bit is the group one might assume would be most opposed to new standards, the auto industry, is actually supportive.
- Links 4/17/14 - 04/17/2014 - Lambert Strether
- General Mills Opens New Frontier in Denying Consumers Right to Sue: Just Use Its Products - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- Quelle Surprise! Ginnie Mae Says Bank of America Has Lots of Servicing Documents Missing; MERS Also in Hot Water - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- When Will Big Business Figure Out That the Education-Industrial Complex is Eating its Lunch? - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- How the Junk Food Industry Preys on the Young in Emerging Markets - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith