This Real News Network segment gives a window into the efforts to squash criticism of the neoliberal orthodoxy in the world of international agencies. Even though the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) gets very little attention in the major media, its well researched and often prescient reports are enough of a threat to the orthodoxy to produce efforts by the advanced economy block in the UN to try to clip the wings of the agency. The start of this interview may seem like a bit of inside baseball, but it shortly gets to issues that are critically important.
- Links 3/10/14 - 03/10/2014 - Yves Smith
- Ilargi: Big Oil and Gas Wars - 03/10/2014 - Yves Smith
- Even the Chinese Can Tell the TransPacific Partnership is Unlikely to Get Done - 03/10/2014 - Yves Smith
- Philip Pilkington: Keynes and Loanable Funds - 03/10/2014 - Yves Smith
- The Jobs Report Covering February 2014: Seasonal Signs of Life But Nowhere Near Full Employment - 03/09/2014 - Lambert Strether