You have to give a fund manager points for admitting to having a “history of contentious posturing.” Hugh Hendry’s also a reformed gold bug, which shows an unusual flexibility of thinking (once people join the gold cult, they seldom leave). Even if you don’t necessarily agree, his talk will serve as a useful grist for thought (hat tip Ian Fraser). Hendry discusses the end of an broadly adopted national strategy, mercantilism, and what he sees as the implications.
- Links 4/24/14 - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether
- Earth Day: Can We Grow Enough Food, Without Oil, to Avoid a Human Dieback? - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether
- Matt Stoller: No, America Is Not an Oligarchy - 04/24/2014 - Yves Smith
- CalPERS Told Obvious Big Lies in Its Response to Our Private Equity Investigation - 04/24/2014 - Yves Smith
- Corrupting Piketty in the 21st Century - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether