Australian economist Steve Keen minces no words during this BBC interview, calling our downturn a depression and calling for radical measures, namely large scale debt writedowns. I can’t imagine a discussion like this getting airtime on a US mainstream media outlet.
- Links 4/23/14 - 04/23/2014 - Yves Smith
- Ilargi: What is the Earth Worth (6 Years Later)? - 04/23/2014 - Yves Smith
- Pettis: 11 Reasons China Can’t Escape from Its Debt Overhang - 04/23/2014 - Yves Smith
- More Effective Remedies for Inequality - 04/23/2014 - Yves Smith
- Philip Pilkington: Unemployment and Wages in the US – A Tale of Institutional Change - 04/23/2014 - Yves Smith