Furzy mouse highly recommended this National Geographic documentary. I’ve only looked at the beginning, but the comments about it at YouTube (as opposed to the ones arguing related historical issues) are very positive. And sadly, as the world moves in a more authoritarian direction, it becomes more and more necessary to study history if we are to have any hope of preventing extremists from putting a new social order in place.
- Links 4/24/14 - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether
- Earth Day: Can We Grow Enough Food, Without Oil, to Avoid a Human Dieback? - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether
- Matt Stoller: No, America Is Not an Oligarchy - 04/24/2014 - Yves Smith
- CalPERS Told Obvious Big Lies in Its Response to Our Private Equity Investigation - 04/24/2014 - Yves Smith
- Corrupting Piketty in the 21st Century - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether