Yves here. Gretchen Morgenson gives an accessible presentation of why no one should feel sorry for the fact that JP Morgan is set to pay a roughly $13 billion settlement of a raft of mortgage-related liability. And she also dispatches the myth that the Department of Justice took a tough stance. I’m still gobsmacked that Holder let Jamie Dimon plead his case in person.
- Links 12/19/13 - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- As Many Uninsured Oppose Obamacare as Favor It - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- Banks Start Volcker Rule Blame Game - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- Tapering Talk: The Impact of Expectations of Reduced Federal Reserve Security Purchases on Emerging Markets - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- Michael Hudson: Trade Advantage Replaced by Rent Extraction - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith