Heiner Flassbeck is one of the few economists to get into positions of influence despite being firmly opposed to the prevailing doctrine of neoliberalism. He’s also direct and articulate. Among other things. Fleassbeck has been a professor of economics at the University of Hamburg, a Vice Minister at the German Ministry of Finance, and a director at the United Nations Conference on Trade and Developmentt. In this Real News Network interview, he discusses why the danger of a global recession is acute and what remedies would be viable.
- When “Job Creators” Create Lousy Jobs - 03/07/2014 - Yves Smith
- Links 3/7/14 - 03/07/2014 - Yves Smith
- Chinese Bond Default Rattles Markets; Harbinger of More Credit Woes? - 03/07/2014 - Yves Smith
- J.D. Alt: Forget the 1% - 03/07/2014 - Yves Smith
- Neoliberalism Dressing-Down: Australian Senator Ludlam on Prime Minister Tony Abbott - 03/07/2014 - Yves Smith