In this interview, Rajan, who famously told Greenspan at his last Jackson Hole conference that recent changes in financial services industry policy had increased risk, takes on the question of the role of government. He contends that economists have neglected this issue due to overspecialization.
- Links 12/19/13 - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- As Many Uninsured Oppose Obamacare as Favor It - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- Banks Start Volcker Rule Blame Game - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- Tapering Talk: The Impact of Expectations of Reduced Federal Reserve Security Purchases on Emerging Markets - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith
- Michael Hudson: Trade Advantage Replaced by Rent Extraction - 12/19/2013 - Yves Smith