I have to confess I have yet to do more than sample this video, but I intend to watch it in full as soon as I have a breather. This is a video of a panel discussion at NYU Law School earlier this month at which former prosecutors Neil Barofsky and Eliot Spitzer took on party-line-defending Lanny Breuer of the Department of Justice, and to a lesser degree, Mary Jo White, former US attorney who now works on the defense side. Various reports on the discussion indicate that sparks flew at several junctures, so I am confident the NC audience will find it engaging as well as informative.
- Tom Engelhardt: Too Big to Jail? Why Kidnapping, Torture, Assassination, and Perjury Are No Longer Crimes in Washington - 04/21/2014 - Yves Smith
- Links 4/20/14 - 04/20/2014 - Yves Smith
- Abigail Field: Our Corrupt Tax Code - 04/20/2014 - Yves Smith
- Paul Krugman Discusses Piketty’s Capital and the Rise of Inherited Wealth on Bill Moyers - 04/20/2014 - Yves Smith
- Links 4/19/14 - 04/19/2014 - Yves Smith