This Real News Network video provides an update on the Libor scandal. Tom Ferguson flags an issue that may come as a surprise to some readers. Even though states and municipalities are under extreme budget stress, which means one would think that getting restitution for extra Libor related costs due to price fixing would be a high priority, lax campaign finance rules at the state level may undermine these efforts.
- Links 4/18/14 - 04/18/2014 - Yves Smith
- More From Ex-SEC Lawyer James Kidney on the Agency’s Failing - 04/18/2014 - Yves Smith
- Did Derivatives Worsen the Eurozone Sovereign Debt Crisis? - 04/18/2014 - Yves Smith
- General Mills Retreats an Inch on Its Mandatory Arbitration Overreach - 04/18/2014 - Yves Smith
- Ukraine: Is Obama Channeling Cheney? - 04/18/2014 - Yves Smith