Some geographical and economic clarifications from politicians, officials and commentators:
1. Spain is not Greece – Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance Minister, ~February, 2010.
2. Portugal is not Greece – The Economist, 22nd April, 2010.
3. Greece is not Ireland – George Papaconstantinou, Greek Finance Minister, 8th November 2010.
4. Spain is neither Ireland nor Portugal – Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance Minister, 16th November, 2010.
5. Neither Spain nor Portugal is Ireland – Angel Gurria, secretary-general of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 18th November, 2010.
6. Ireland is not Greece Vanessa Rossi, senior research fellow in international economics at Chatham House in London, 18th November, 2010.
Glad that’s straightened out. Still to be determined: whether Belgium is Belgium.
Concept via Eurointelligence.