NC will award digital prizes to the NC readers who most accurately predict:
1. The winner.1
2. The time that the first major network calls a winner.2
3. The electoral college totals. 3
4. The popular vote, expressed as a percentage.4
So, readers, leave your predictions in comments! (We will need a real email address to award your digital prize.) You may
guess predict any or all of the four, but I think it’s more fun to predict them all. Mix ’em, match ’em, share ’em with your friends!
Of course, in the words of the great Peggy Noonan, “It would be irresponsible not to speculate,” so consider this an open thread on the election ’til I start the live blog at 4:00.
* * *
Digital prizes will be announced at NC and awarded as follows via email, in order by category above:
1. For the winner: Le Prix de Fôam (sponsored by the Bankster Overlords for Tim Geithner Charitable Foundation) hat tip Ms G
2. For the time: The Medal of Semantic Dishonor (sponsored by the Edward Bernays Family Foundation and the Joseph Goebbels Trust)
3. For the electoral college: One membership in the Eldritch and Hermeneutic Order of the High-Pitched Warble (sponsored by the Sveriges Riksbank)
4. For the popular vote: The Medal of Pour le Quelle Surprise (in honor of the NC commentariat)
Decisions by The Judge are final!
NOTES AND CAVEATS
1. That is, the legacy party candidate: Whether, Obama or Romney. Winners like “the banksters,” or losers like “the American people” will be disallowed.
2. Date, hours, minutes, e.g. 2013-04-01 at 4:20PM or equivalent. If you believe that the election will be contested, write in the date that you feel that the election will be resolved. ADDING 1:07PM “Major network” means ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CNN (and not NPR or CBN).
3. For example, “Obama 332, Romney 206” (Kos), or “Obama 440, Romney 98 (Cramer) or somewhere in between. Totals must add to 538!
4. Your total must add to 100%. That means you must predict the performance of third parties.
This was Yves’s idea but I wrote it up, so any errors are mine.