With public companies fixated on quarterly profits, which results in underinvestment and treatment of employees as disposables, companies who (gasp) pursue a long-term strategy and invest in their workforce should have a real competitive advantage. Thus worked owned enterprises aren’t simply a way to contend with the program to disempower labor; it’s also a way to take advantage of the inefficiencies of rentier capitalism.
- DC Meetup on March 18? - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- Links 3/8/14 - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- Bill Moyers and Ian Haney Lopez Discuss the Use of the Race Card in Politics - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- Matt Stoller: Big Oil Hooked Americans on Credit Cards - 03/08/2014 - Yves Smith
- When “Job Creators” Create Lousy Jobs - 03/07/2014 - Yves Smith