With public companies fixated on quarterly profits, which results in underinvestment and treatment of employees as disposables, companies who (gasp) pursue a long-term strategy and invest in their workforce should have a real competitive advantage. Thus worked owned enterprises aren’t simply a way to contend with the program to disempower labor; it’s also a way to take advantage of the inefficiencies of rentier capitalism.
- Links 4/17/14 - 04/17/2014 - Lambert Strether
- General Mills Opens New Frontier in Denying Consumers Right to Sue: Just Use Its Products - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- Quelle Surprise! Ginnie Mae Says Bank of America Has Lots of Servicing Documents Missing; MERS Also in Hot Water - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- When Will Big Business Figure Out That the Education-Industrial Complex is Eating its Lunch? - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith
- How the Junk Food Industry Preys on the Young in Emerging Markets - 04/17/2014 - Yves Smith