This Real News Network interview with Professor Dr. Heiner Flassbeck of Hamburg University (recently with UNCTAD) provides a cogent overview of why the impact of the sequester and any budget deal will be to weaken an already-struggling economy. I personally enjoy Flassbeck; he’s articulate and manages to get more information into his interviews than most of experts while keeping his remarks accessible to a broad audience.
- “Independent” Foreclosure Review Error Rate Vastly Higher Than Previously Admitted - 04/25/2014 - Yves Smith
- Piketty’s Wealth Gap Wake Up - 04/25/2014 - Yves Smith
- MMT Does Do Policy - 04/25/2014 - Yves Smith
- Links 4/24/14 - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether
- Earth Day: Can We Grow Enough Food, Without Oil, to Avoid a Human Dieback? - 04/24/2014 - Lambert Strether