The latest Bill Moyers broadcast features the widely-respected lead editorial writer of the Financial Times, Martin Wolf, who discusses the Federal shutdown/debt default negotiations and the prospects for the coming budget talks. Wolf is pointed and colorful, mincing no words about the implications of the staredown. He’s mystified as to why the Democrats have not attempted to discredit Grover Norquist-style demonization of government. As astute as Wolf is, someone needs to clue him in that the Democratic and Republican leadership agree on most economic issues, but the Democrats need to be able to throw a few scraps to their base.
- Links 3/11/14 - 03/11/2014 - Yves Smith
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Reveals Deadly Cost of American Patents - 03/11/2014 - Yves Smith
- Gaius Publius: Neoliberalism, “Just Desserts,” and the Post-Climate-Crisis Economy - 03/11/2014 - Yves Smith
- 17 Million Reasons Rent Control is Efficient - 03/11/2014 - Yves Smith
- Bitcoin is Not a Currency - 03/10/2014 - Yves Smith